1. Install Wordpress
The Gulf theme is designed to work with the latest version of Wordpress - 4.8.2
If you don't already have an Wordpress installation then
click here to download Wordpress 4.8.2 in your language.
Wordpress requires a Windows or Linux server with the following specification:
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater
- The mod_rewrite Apache module
2. Download the Gulf theme
Click above to download the Gulf theme
Please note that the theme is a beta release. It is liable to change and may have bugs or inconsistencies.
Please take regular backups of your database.
There will shortly be an bug tracker on this site so please check back to report any issues you find.
3. Install the Gulf Theme
The theme files will come as a ZIP file.
Once downloaded go to the administration section of your website - http://your-domain/wp-admin
You will need Administrator privileges to install your theme. If you don't have administrator privileges then ask the person who installed Wordpress to upgrade your role to Administrator.
- Go to Appearance > Themes
- Click Add New
- Click Upload Theme
- Choose the theme zip file you just downloaded and click Install Now
- Go to the themes page (Appearance > Themes)
- Mouse over Gulf Oil and click Activate
- Go to the admin dashboard and click Gulf Oil > Load Shared Content
Once you have activated the theme it will download the shared content from the Gulf server and make some changes to the configuration of your website.
Start adding and editing your website!